Re: Vet news

Kitty, you sound like me. That's one person I've sorely missed up here. My Vet. Mark has been with me since right after I got Damascena and before I got Gracie. He came to the house to euthanize Damascena and sat and cried with me. He's taken care of the boys since I got them too. I'll be glad to be back with him. The only Vet up here I liked was a retired, (but still volunteering) slow moving fellow who genuinely cared. All the other Dr's were more concerned with large animals.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 10:33 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Vet news

Maybe she's a natural skinny or maybe it's something not usually considered. My vet seems to consider things that my friend's vets don't - like the Bartonelosis. Others don't bother testing for it. Heartworm was the obvious answer here, but he checked further for parasites, not wanting to miss anything. 3 of my cats had Bartonelosis and the treatment made them all much happier, though none of the 3 had the same symptoms.

My vet in the past has used vitamin therapy and acupuncture with good results. Twice he has corrected misdiagnoses by other vets I had gone to. Now I just don't go anywhere else.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>