To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Queen's wreath

wonderful pick me up Jim.....

Here it is currently 4 with the wind howling
at 37mpg, which translates to minus 18.... yipes!... going down to minus 4
tonight with a high of 2 tomorrow... then minus 10 tomorrow night. I think
they said we are in for a week of this nonsense.

So all this means- start
cutting now... gonna loose allot of plants this winter as they really don't
have the protection they need.  We usually have a couple inches/ft of snow
when this happens. The last snowfall was light and fluffy and blew into the
next county... sigh.

My mother has taken on feeding every bird for miles...
trust me- they are all in our yards... hundreds of them.  Bird feeders are
filled twice a day and can't keep up... she also has started the 'bird bread' campaign. Local thrift hostess place is doing a great business with me.... they are going thru 8-10 loafs of bread a day.... I really didn't think it was a good idea to give birds bread, but there is no arguing with mother...sigh.
Donna