Re: Beautiful

Auralie, that's wonderful! I did not know that shows that give awards are also in competition to win awards. Best Show of Show! Congrats!

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Beautiful

In a message dated 02/09/2007 11:34:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Cersgarden@aol.com writes:
 I am
president of our garden club this yr and have planned a tomato tasting to be
included with our Aug garden tour.   I do hope many of our members will
participate.   I love to use the various colors for a salad.
Ceres, have you tried the cherry tomato 'Sungold'?  I have found it very
tasty and it adds color to salads. I grow several kinds in large pots that
hang in my breezeway.  'Sungold' has been one of the most successful.

As fellow garden club president, may I be allowed to boast a bit?  I have
just received word that at the State Meeting next month my club will
be awarded 1st prizes for our Standard Flower Show, Horticulture Show,
and Outstanding Horticulture Division in each show.  Also we will receive
awards for the schedules for both shows, but I don't know if they will be
1sts ( though I'm willing to bet at least one will). How's that for a dozen
old folks (our average age must be around 70 and that's including a
couple of kids in their 40s).  Forgive me if I seem  too puffed-up.
Auralie