From: "Aplfgcnys@aol.com" <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
To:
gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 1:06:55 PM
Subject: Re:
[CHAT] Beautiful

Yes, Zem, I am indeed very fortunate.  We are really a good
and devoted group.  I don't think I have ever made a proposal
to them for any
project that they didn't respond positiviely to.
I guess you have to be some
sort of nut to devote as much
time and effort to garden club as we do - but we
get a lot
of satisfaction out of it.  I guess part of it is the old saw,
you
only get as much out of anything as you put into it,
and those who are only
interested in eating don't get the
real benefits of all the many aspects of
garden clubs.
Now, don't get me wrong, my club eats very well.  We
bring a
pot-luck lunch each month, and som of the food i
fantastic.  No one is
required to bring anything, but most
of us like to show off our culinary
skills.  But eating is
not the central focus of our activities.  Next week we
are
offering a workshop in basic line design to members of the
District - led
by two of our best designers.  We had to cut
off attendance at 20.
It's
really too bad about your club.  I wish you were near
enough to belong to
ours.  I can't really offer any advice.
If they don't get it, they just don't
get it.
Auralie

In a message dated 02/10/2007 11:03:17 AM Eastern Standard
Time,
zemuly@comcast.net writes:
Auralie, you have every right to be "puffed
up."  Our pitiful garden club
might have to go by the boards this year
because nobody wants to serve as an
officer.  I knew they didn't dig (their
words), but I'm saddened they don't
want to participate in any area of the
club with the exception of eating.  I
was the secretary for 3-1/2 years, and
I think that ought to be enough as
I'm currently secretary for our local
historic zoning commission; however,
I'm feeling guilty about not
volunteering again. You are very fortunate in
having the group you have in
your club.
zem