Re: It rained

I hope you're bottle feeding one of the lambs. Momma's only got two teats and the lambs get pretty aggressive about making one exclusively their own.

On Feb 12, 2007, at 4:18 PM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

So we finally got rain! Almost a quarter inch, gosh, don't know where
all that moisture is going to go. It was cloudy but warm Saturday, we
got the rain that night, then cloudy and warm again on Sunday. Today
it's windy.
We came home Friday evening to a nice surprise, one of our ewes had
given birth to triplets. Three little ewe lambs. Everyone was on their
feet, dry and clean, and nursing. I am so glad no intervention was
needed and I'm just hoping the next two are as uneventful. From the
looks of them I'm thinking it may be two weeks to a month before
everyone's done, their timing has been better in the past but as long as
we don't need to assist anyone I will be happy.
Anyway the rest of our weekend was yard maintenance and social events, I
managed to put down some mulch and pull a couple weeds but that was it.
Didn't plant my tomato seeds but I still have plenty of time. I'm trying
not to look at the dry garden much, hoping that there's life under all
that dead stuff. But the opuntia looks maybe a little better after the
rain. Could be wishful thinking but maybe. I didn't even get to go
hiking - my friend fell while we were out two weeks ago and hurt pretty
bad. They've decided she has a compression fracture of a vertebrae so it
will be months before she's up to much. It's just not that fun going by
myself but hopefully I'll replace that time with garden chores instead
of loafing around reading the paper or something.
My daffodils are up about six inches and the galanthus is blooming, at
least the ones that didn't get frozen. No plant activity anywhere else
that I can see.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W