From: Pam Evans
<gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 13,
2007 6:20:20 PM
Subject: [CHAT] bird report

Well I have gone through 100
lbs. of seed since Friday night.  Will likely
go through that much before Sat.
w/ this hideous cold blowing in.  Now have
6 pairs of cardinals, at least 35
doves, 45-50 goldfinches and a dozen
purple finches gobbling the nyger seed at
those two feeders.  Have types of
birds, like the tufted titmouse (2 pair)
that I've never seen here before
and lots more of the others that I only had a
few of.   Have more robins,
Carolina chickadees, chipping sparrows, redwing
blackbirds and many others
than I had in past.  I'm assuming the two year
drought has a lot to do w/
that since some of their natural sources may have
dried up.  It's truly
incredible to watch all of them every evening.  They are
much less afraid of
me when it's cold I'm noticing as they wait for their
feeders to be
replenished.  Anyone else noticing more birdies in their yards?
--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX