Re: Snow day

We were fortunate enough to miss the mess once more.....
We have long range forecast of doom... then when the time comes the mess skirts just above or below us.... We had 24 hours of rain, but it was mostly over by the time the cold front hit, so... bit of refrozen ground, but not bad roads. Dusting of snow. Still no snow with depth this year.... and I am not complaining. I spent the afternoon in the greenhouse for we had enough sun break out that it warmed up enough to go play. Transplanted hardy cyclamen from pans to pints. Virginia bluebells came out of storage and into containers. Will get labels and water this afternoon. The new season is beginning here...... It is cold .. and has been for over a month now... single digits at nite... below freezing in the day....
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

We did not receive as much snow as Kitty or Donna but certainly enough. We
had black ice under the snow which made the morning commute yesterday morning a big mess. Tow trucks are banded when the weather is bad which creates roads
that   look like a junk yard with cars/trucks everywhere & every position.
Many schools were cancelled as was my granddaughters. Today is bright, sunny and the wind is mild but at 1 PM it was 8 degrees. Weather man says temps in
the 30s by Mon.   Come on Monday!!
    BTW my granddaughter said it was fun to have a snowday and seniors do
not need to makeup the day.
Hang in there Kitty and Donna. It won't be long we will complaining of the heat & humidity. Meanwhile, I made a trip to the dentist this morning
and I am in for the day.