Theresa

james singer wrote:
Was cold this AM, Tricia, and windy; upper 30s when I got up. It's 63 and calm right now. Supposed to get warmer as the week progress, and get into the mid to upper 70s by next weekend. Sure hope so. I've had enough of this.

On Feb 19, 2007, at 2:31 PM, pdickson wrote:

Jim how cold is it for you today? I saw on the map that it looked cold there.
It is 69 here but windy so feels cooler.
Tricia
zone 6b
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 12:37 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Nobody said Squinty...

was very smart. Today she demonstrated why. For some reason, she jumped from a kitchen counter into a narrow space behind the refrigerator. So narrow, in fact, she had to stand one her hind legs to turn around. I was in the kitchen at the time, but didn't see her do it. I did hear her pathetic mewling, however, soon afterward. I could tell she was stressed and looked everywhere--in cupboards, under chairs. Once I found her, Ms Fatma helped me move the fridge out of its niche and open a space large enough for the cat to jump back onto the counter.

She seemed embarrassed by the experience and went outside immediately.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10