Re: where did everyone go?!?

Nope. Just the plain, old Rust-Oleum gloss paint, Tricia. I did try it on the upside-down bottom of a pot for about a year just to see if it would blister, flake, peel, or bag at the knee. And when it didn't, I figured it would outlast my interest in them :) Of course, nursery pots seem to be of a variety of different compositions, so I don't know if the results will be the same for all pots.

On Feb 23, 2007, at 12:06 PM, pdickson wrote:

This sounds so cute! What did you paint it with.... is there something special for plastic pots?
Tricia
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] where did everyone go?!?

Spent most of yesterday cleaning and painting a 25-gallon nursery pot. Also gooped a piece of plastic window screen over the holes around the bottom edge to minimized the loss of soil. It's going on the front patio, so I don't want to create too big of a mess. Gonna try to get it planted today or tomorrow.

Eventually, there will be a group of three painted nursery pots on the patio--all garish Rust-Oleum colors. The 25-gallon one is yellow, the 5-gallon one is purple, and the 10-gallon one will be red.