Re: Re:snow day

For us, winter is the easiest time to have fish. Our koi stay in the
pond (on the bottom, kind of hibernating) all winter. Our pond has a
waterfall, which keeps a spot of open water most of the winter. Were
we to have a real sub zero winter, we would haul out the deicer. Have
never lost a hardy fish to cold. We do bring in the pleicostomas
(sp?) if we can catch them, and as many mollys as we can before our
water temps go below 40F. DH has a large stock tank in the basement
for overwintering tropical waterplants - the tender fish go there.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b - back from almost 2 weeks in Steamboat
Springs, and trying desperately to catch up!