Re: appliances

We are in need of a new washer/dryer too, so catching up on this thread  with
interest.  Appreciate all the info.
We got a new refrigerator last year.  Got a side by side.  I  never wanted
one of this type before, but since the doctor insisted that I  increase my water
intake, DH thought it would be best.  Turned out to  really do the trick.  I
drink much more water now with the filtered  water/ice in the door.  Also,
surprisingly, there is quite a bit of room,  and being "vertically challenged", I
actually use the entire freezer much more  than I did with the conventional
type split.  I used to have things in the  freezer that I could never get to,
or forgot about due to being buried beneath  other things.  This side by side
version allows me to really see and get to  things much easier.
We did keep the old refrigerator, put it in the garage.  I love it for  the
extras, and most of all for holidays and parties for the platters that
definitely do not fit in a side by side.   However, I never had room  for these
before either, because the frig was full....so having a second frig  really has
been a benefit.  Only sad thing was that this was the  refrigerator that I had
painted with the chalk board paint.  I really miss  not having the chalk board
in the kitchen.....but DH isn't too keen on me  painting the new one.  Not
quite sure what it would look like being a side  by side.  Would not want to paint
both sides.....perhaps one day I'll paint  one side only.  We'll see...
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 2/25/2007 9:40:37 AM Central Standard Time,