To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] garden show/parking/training hours

Sorry I am late (as usual) to chime in on this subject. Training was always an issue so our group started a new program. At least once a month speakers
who are usually MGs give an hour presentation approved by the Hort Ed for
training. This month we had a one hour Sunday afternoon presentation on
"Creating a Backyard Habitat" by our resident bird expert MG. It covered
plants, water sources and wildlife. Twenty five MGs attended. In March, I
will be doing a presentation on Use, Care and Sharpening of Garden Tools.
Other topics I remember have been Rose Care and Identification, Shade
Gardening, Water Gardening, Pest and Disease Control and Identification, and
Lawn Care. Some are afternoons and weekends but most are evenings.

Dan
Zone 6 PA