Checking in

Dear All,

I'm having my first snow day this year!  If we don't use them, we lose them,
so I'm glad we will get to use one this winter.

We got a few inches of snow, but the ice is still underneath on my walkways
and driveway. I'm glad to be home, as I still have this darn cold (which is
probably a sinus infection) and I've been exhausted!

I've been enjoying my Phalaenopsis orchid bloom.  It is a bright magenta
(not my favorite color) and sits on my computer table. I have a mostly white
one in bloom also. It's so cheerful to have a blooming plant in my
workspace. Once this summer a humming bird flew up to my windowsill, which
is up 2 1/2 stories up), to investigate the bloom!

I brought in some forsythia branches yesterday.  I always love their early
blooms in the house. I have hyacinths blooming and sending their fragrance
throughout the house as well. Come on spring!

Happy Belated Birthday Betsy and Maria!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)