Re: help needed

*Chris, first of all I need to know if this is a Standard Flower Show by
National Garden Club standards.  If so, I have some comments.  (I
am the District Schedule Advisor to Clubs, so I have some background
in this matter.)  If it isn't a Standard Flower Show, then you can do
whatever the daylily society allows.
Your Titles are good.
If this is Division IV, what are the first three Divisions?  NGC allows three
divisions - Horticulture, Design, and Special Exhibits.  Also, they have
become very picky about outline format - Sections within a Division
should be A, B, C, etc.
My second observation is that your class descriptions are very GCA
(Garden Club of America).  They tell you just what the design is to
look like.  NGC likes to allow more freedom to the designer. We
would say for Class 1 - here again the outline format would
conform -
Class 1 - The Cutting Garden
A mass arrangement, staged on a a table, space 30" d x 40" wide,
seen from all sides.  Underlay permitted.
Class 2 - The Secret Garden
Place setting for one.  (The new Handbook has a description of
this type table arrrangement)  Choice of  30" square space on a
large table, or 30" round space on round table with white cloth to
the floor, with overlay to be provided.   Advance reservation required.
Class 3 - The Tropical Garden
A Creative Design, staged in a space 30" wide x 30" deep.  Height
unlimited.  Backboards are available, and if used, foreground and
background materials permitted.

As I said at the first, if this is not a NGC Standard Flower Show,
then I don't know the rules - perhaps the Daylily Society allows
you to do anything.  I understand your reliance on previous
schedules, but that is the problem I see most often when I
am asked to advise on schedules.  The same awkward devices
and errors have been passed down for generations.  For instance,
in a NGC show, you no longer need to say "Accessories permitted."
That dates you.  Accessories have been permitted for a number
of years.  Also, you shouldn't say "No driftwood permitted."  It
should be "weathered wood," not "driftwood."  Since this is an
all-fresh section (NGC Tricolor Award is for all fresh plant material)
that would not need to be said, or, if wished, it could be listed
in the Design Division Rules, not with the specific class.

I hope this is helpful.  NGC does allow Standard Flower Shows
in conjunction with plant society shows, but I don't know if that is
the way you are going.  Is there only the one Section of Designs?
Best wishes for the success of the show.
Auralie

DIVISION IV:  DESIGN Through the Garden Gate