Re: help needed

Chris, NCSGC is now called National Garden Clubs - NGC.  We're still
adjusting to that.  The Handbook in force until July 1 is the one dated
2003, though there have been numerous updates since then.    The next
edition, which appeared Jan 1, doesn't take effect until July 1.  This is
giving  us fits.

The Design Division Rules that must be stated are:
*Some plant material must be used in every exhibit.
*Fresh plant material may not ever be treated in any manner
*Design must be the work of one individual, but plant material need
not have been grown by the exhibitor (unless schedule requires).
.*Advance entry requirement - date, entry chm., etc.
*If designer is unable to fulfill assignment, it is the designer's
responsibility to find a replacement.
*State freedom of style, traditional style, or creative style
for all designs, with or without required type.
*Landscapes or scenes are not permitted.
*Design scale of points of Handbook reference page

It is also good to include a line on entries procedure, as"
*Entry cards will be placed by the Entries Chairman.  The
exhibitor must list all plant material used on the back of
the card, which must be initialed by the Design Classification
Chairman before the exhibitor leaves the floor.
This may not be appropriate for your show.
I have taken this from the NGC Scale of Points for
Evaluating Standard Flower Show Schedules, which may
be available online, but I have found the NGC website
very difficult to navigate.
Hope this helps,   Auralie

In a message dated 02/27/2007 11:22:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,