Re: cabin fever/chuckle

The Edinburgh Tattoo is a gathering of regimental bands from all over the UK and the world. The Scottish ones are all dressed in their tartans. Next year they are having bands from Thailand, which should be very interesting. The Univ. of MO band will be performing there this August. BTW, the reason I know so much about my family background is that, as a southern family, we have a family tree with few limbs -- just kidding. Actually, very good records have been kept for a very long time.

zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 5:27 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] cabin fever/chuckle

How wonderful!... wish I was going with....even if I don't know what the Edinburgh Tattoo is....

 Donna

Zemuly Sanders <zemuly@comcast.net> wrote:
My brother has invited me to join him in Scotland next year. We plan to be in Edinburgh in August 2009 to attend the Edinburgh Tattoo. We also plan to visit the Isle of Butte where an early part of our family resided in the 8th
century.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Bell"
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 4:07 PM

I wouldn't mind getting out of Oklahoma and going up there either. Tony
Veca used to live up that way and swore up and down about how he could
grow anything. The winters aren't too bad, the summers are mild...and
the rain doesn't really bother me. As long as I can get outside. I lived
in New Orleans and we got a little bit of rain almost every afternoon.
You get used to it.

The older I get, the more I just want to get out there and see the world
and experience it all. I keep seeing pics of Carnival in Rio....and the
colors and outfits look like...EYE CANDY. And the music....it's on my
"bucket list"

Zemuly Sanders wrote:
My nephew, age 20, moved to Portland in 2006 to attend culinary school.
He
absolutely loves it and swears he'll never leave. His little brother and
my
grandson visited him last summer, and both of them want to move there,
too.

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 2:37 PM

That's funny. Our oldest daughter is making noises about wanting to move
to Portland. She has a friend up there that is trying to talk her into
moving up there.

Judy Browning wrote:
Our friend was promoting a convention in Seattle vs a different town.

"Seattle has the freshest air... It gets washed every day!" Bill Riggs
Judy B

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa G."
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 5:39 PM
Subject: [CHAT] cabin fever

Of course it finally stopped raining today- when I had to be inside with
work all day. It is supposed to be raining again all weekend. Enough
already- rain at night or during a work day!! I need some outside time!
Perhaps some of my angst is from spending hours in the social security
and
DMV office this week to get my name changed. What a pain- but at least
those parts are done. I guess I can get passport photos done this
weekend.... And paint (I have like 3 projects going at once right
now...)
But really- I just want to be out in my garden and in the sun.
Grumble, grumble, you'd think I lived in Seattle.....

Theresa

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.