From: Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2008 8:01:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Chicago really Chicago

No kidding... we lived in Naperville one summer while my husband was doing
some kind of internship.  I thought if I can read a map we can drive
there.... I wanted to go downtown.    I won't ever do that again.  We were
driving through places that fires were going in the street... cops were
chasing people down alleyways... it was like the movies only it was real
life.  By the time we got downtown all I wanted to do was get back to our
apartment... we went back via the north route... way north...
My advice is to stay on toll roads.  Those are big enough that you don't
have to stop at stoplights and wonder if you are going to get car jacked.
We loved the museums, I think it is the Science Museum that has a body in
slices... very interesting even though it sounds terrible as I write it.
We were out in suburbia... but we found some really great Vietnamese food,
Italian food, and Thai.  I think we ate at the Uno.. it was the best thick
Chicago pizza I ever ate.
It has been probably 15 years since we lived there so I don't remember the
names or where anything was really.
Now when my husband goes back for business he gets a limo driver... as cheap
as renting a car is for him.
Tricia