To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 6:52 PM
Subject: [CHAT] what kind of mulch???

Spring is here! If they'd had tomato plants at Capital Nursery, I would have bought them today : )

Anyway- I want to mulch my gardens well this year (trying to save money on the water bill!)- so looking for advice. What kind of much is best for water conservation, good for the soil, won't breakdown in only one season, etc.??? Shredded, nuggets, bark, cedar, redwood????? Anybody know anything about this?

Theresa