Re: What I saw today...

Ahhhh. How cute. I told my kids that if I am ever widowed (God forbid)
I'm gonna buy a little cottage type house close to town and buy one of
those little three wheel bikes with a basket on the back part, and a big
ole whip antenna with a pirate flag on the end of it and I'm gonna ride
it all over town. They just roll their eyes at me. I'm going to be an
embarrassment to my children....HA! Paybacks are h*ll.

  Sarasota has a large enclave of Amish citizens. Most seem to have
adopted modern ways and drive pickup trucks like the rest of us but
many have not, and since you can't keep a horse in the city, those
adhering to the old ways have taken to riding adult tricycles when they
go on errands. Driving through the Amish neighborhood means driving
very watchfully because the tricycles are everywhere. It's always an
interesting sight.

What I saw today was this: an Amish woman, in her long flowing dress
and white bonnet, rode her tricycle up to a bank's drive-up window. I
don't know why, but it made me smile.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W