Re: Thanks so much for the warm welcome back...

So glad to have you back. It's hard to give up something you have invested so much of your time & energy in. I do think the time spent with your family is more valuable from an eternal perspective. Not to mention the decrease in stress! Flooding is likely in this part of the world too. Especially if we have a quick thaw. In that event the ground will be too frozen to absorb all the meltwater & it will run off, quickly overfilling waterways & flooding adjacent roads. The moisture is needed, but we need a long cool spring with the dreaded freeze/thaw cycle to allow water to seep slowly into the ground.
Judy B z6 Idaho
----- Original Message ----- From: "Melody " <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 1:22 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Thanks so much for the warm welcome back...

I knew it felt like coming home last night when I rejoined the list.
Gosh, I've missed all of you! From time to time I've managed to pop into
the archives and take a peek at what you all have been up to; I am sure
I've missed some stuff, and probably some important happenings in all of
your lives. Please know that none of you were ever very far from my
thoughts and all of you always were in my prayers.

I want you all to know that the vast majority of people in my church
have been and still are totally supportive and have been a vast source
of love in our lives. Unfortunately, it only takes one or two determined
individuals to completely destroy anything and these two particular
people made it abundantly clear through the viciousness of their attacks
on me and my family that they would stop at nothing to get what they
wanted. Our priest was as helpless as any of the rest of us to stop
them...and goodness knows he tried. But when people who are not of a
right heart decide to act out their hostility in a public venue,
sometimes the best thing to do is retreat. And as painful as it was to
let go of this ministry work at this church at this time, I really
believe that God is directing me elsewhere...I don't know where or when,
but I will go where I am sent.

The time I have gotten back, upwards of 20-50 hours a week, I am
delighting in spending with my kids, my husband, my pets, and most of
all, with Sophie!! She has been an enduring source of joy in all of
these past many months...just by virtue of being alive! I am sure that
she is going to be my little gardening companion...it's a good thing I
have stayed away from putting anything toxic to children or pets in my
gardens, though I would love some foxglove.

And of course, those hours are going to be available for gardening as
soon as the weather cooperates. We are looking at another 6 inches of
snow here over the weekend...yuck!! We already have in excess of 15
inches still on the ground.

They are talking about the possiblity of major flooding here in the
midwest come spring as the ground was already over saturated before
these big snowstorms of January and February. We had record rainfalls in
November and December, lots of thunderstorms and rain in January and
February when it wasn't snowing and several storms that have dumped 8-12
inches of snow at a time.

How are the rest of you doing, weatherwise? Seems like much of the
country has been colder than normal and wetter than normal...what is
this doing to all of you and your gardening? Jim...my brother Randy sent
me a picture of icecicles hanging from the undercarriage of his
truck...in Orange City, FL! Cracked me up until I thought about the
price of Florida citrus come spring.

Blessings,

Melody

Work for the Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!