Re: back to gardening.....

I'd call-those things can be a pain to get established unless you use nothing but varieties of Sedum. Of course, that's an option if you want to redo it each year yourself. Down here, they do well with creeping fig and various other plants but we can leave them outside and growing year round just about.
To: "gardenchat list" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:41 PM
Subject: [CHAT] back to gardening.....

If you recall last year, I got one of those wire/moss/planted flamingos
for by the pond. Of course, I had to kinda hide him under the bald
cypress so he didn't cook in the sun... but I liked the end look/scene.

So, here it is the middle of winter, freezing weather, and a post card
appears about bringing the flamingo back in the next week or two and
they will (for a price) rejuvenate him.

What I am wondering is how hard is it to redo him? After winter I am
sure the stuffing needs some replacement, will have to buy some kinda
plants for it... but how hard are they to get established in those
things?? Will it look like total crap for most of the year since I don't
have any where till April to start getting it going?

This place offers you to bring in your containers and decide what color
etc and they will plant and care for you. They also tell you when it is
dropped off what the charge will be so there are no surprises in May
when you pick up.. or so the card says....

 Maybe I will call and see if they can tell me a ball park figure... hum.

 Donna