Re: new cover-now what are you purchasing

Personally don't do much, if any mail orders. I prefer to see the plant
before purchasing, and luckily have enough nurseries/garden centers
around here that stock diff plants. (although, some have closed up and
others - well we will see what happens).

Most years I have a list of plants I would like. For some reason, I
don't this year so it would be interesting to hear what folks are
ordering/looking for.

  I have two areas that need plants.  Remember I am in zone 5, IL

I ripped out everything from in front of my bay window last fall. Don't
have a clue what to plant. East facing, well drained soil. Suggestions??

the side of my waterfall hill. I feel it needs something whipsy to blend
the stones with the landscape. Don't want a solid something. I suppose a
Japennese maple would do the trick, but looking for something different
than that sterio type with ponds. Suggestions?

  Donna

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
  If they send me one it will be long after the rush; if they have some
leftover.

As Gene will attest, catalogs are expensive and if people don't place
orders, they simply have to get deleted from the list. I do place orders,
but they are for the display gardens and so the catalog would go to the CES
office. Ricky gives me some of them, but I can't get there very often.

I used to order a lot for myself from all sorts of places, but in recent
years I just haven't had any money to do so, so I am falling off lists.
However, I can always find the plants online and download order forms from
websites .

I did place orders this year for me w Homestead, Bluestone, and HCG. I need
to start growing new material to be able to divide plants in the future for
my annual plant sale. I tend to look at plants now, not just for their
aesthetic value, but for their tendency to multiply. If I can divide a
plant in a couple of years and sell off 3/4 of it, the plant pays for
itself.

It might be fun to air our lists. What are you ordering this year?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5