Re: Feb

Ed's been clearing out the pine that blew over. Also cleared the leaves off the warmest flower bed. It's been 40, 50 & even 60ish midday here. Great weather for gardening when the wind stays away. I'm hoping to get out there tomorrow. I volunteered to help a chair bound lady unpack at her new apartment. If I go over for a couple hours in the morning it should be just right outdoors when I get home. He says one of the mini daffodils is blooming today. I had to work so will check it out tomorrow. Buds are swelling on the trees & shrubs.
Judy B z 6 Idaho
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Feb

HA.... at least you can get outdoors and see something green and growing...

 All I have to expect is more snow tomorrow.... sigh.

 Donna

Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:
 I've been pruning all weekend, and weeding. But it's nice to see all the
new growth starting on all the salvias, phlox, cannas, roses and so forth.
And my big viburnum is budding out big time. One of my 'Wild Thing' salvias
is blooming already. C'mon Spring!