To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] north wind perennials..now Blue Mouse Ears

Kitty, I have what is probably an unusual arrangement with the local DIB
hardware. They have a fairly limited space for plants so weekly ordering of fresh material is paramount. I agreed to do all the ordering of bedding plants in various sizes(april- june) in exchange for display space to sell gal.perennials. I am also there 4 days a week, 4 hrs ea. day to answer questions, freshen the
displays, water if it hasn't been done, etc. They give me 2 racks( 8 ft 3
tiered) and all the money from my plants. They collect the sales tax and deal with that paperwork. I also do all the signing and whatever extras need doing.
I find it best not to figure how much I make per hour! But the owners are
neighbors and friends and we know that he will do anything to help if we need it. That's a good thing to know when we're a couple of 65+ females living 6 miles from town. Like the time I put the tractor in the pond and when I called the
store to ask if he would send a couple of his guys out with a winch his
response was" I'll be right there" and he was.
It's an arrangement that suits me and gives me some needed cash doing what I
love. Can't be all bad! Kathy

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)