From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Andrea Hodges
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:34 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] OT-Hard Decisions

Hi all-I've been hemming and hawing for months now about the health of my 12
1/2 year old chocolate lab Gracie, and I think I've come to the decision
that
it's time for her to move on. I talked to my vet last night and he agrees.
I'm
basically writing to vent. I feel guilty because she's still eating, happy
see me when I get home, wanting to go on walks, etc. However, she has
thickening in her lungs that makes it hard for her to breathe, severe
arthritis in her spine, horrible allergies that make her itch and get
infections ( Always has) and has become basically incontinent from all of
the
prednisone she's kept on. I don't think I can take it any more. But, again,
feel guilty. My vet assures me that it's quality vs. quantity when it comes
a dog's life and the quality certainly isn't there. He was out of town today
but will be in tomorrow and I'll probably take her tomorrow or Thursday.
She's
on pain meds right now to keep her comfortable. I am OK. Just feel like I
have
a knot in my belly stressing over it. My oral defense in Texas is in 3
weeks-on the 14th of March. I am so stressed about school I could scream and
just want it to be over. I think this is adding to my stress level of
course.
Then I've had someone quit at work and she's hemming and hawing about the
date
she's leaving and I'm about ready to tell her to just freaking go. She's
holding up the rest of us. I was supposed to have a test in calibrations
last
week. I had questions for my professor which I emailed several times. Never
heard from him and still haven't gotten a copy of the test, so that puts me
behind in my pesticides class. I've moved on the next chapters that we are
supposed to start studying this week. I need a vacation. Thanks for
listening
all!

Andrea Hodges
Beaufort, SC