Re: OT-Hard Decisions

Andrea...what Donna said.  I've been in your very shoes and it was not easy.  I'm sending you some SERIOUS hugs.

Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  My thoughts and prayers go out to you Andrea. This is one of those times
either decision is painful. It is such a hard choice to let them go or
keep them due to our own reasons of wanting them around forever.

Andrea Hodges wrote:
Hi all-I've been hemming and hawing for months now about the health of my 12
1/2 year old chocolate lab Gracie, and I think I've come to the decision that
it's time for her to move on. I talked to my vet last night and he agrees. I'm
basically writing to vent. I feel guilty because she's still eating, happy to
see me when I get home, wanting to go on walks, etc. However, she has
thickening in her lungs that makes it hard for her to breathe, severe
arthritis in her spine, horrible allergies that make her itch and get
infections ( Always has) and has become basically incontinent from all of the
prednisone she's kept on. I don't think I can take it any more. But, again, I
feel guilty. My vet assures me that it's quality vs. quantity when it comes to
a dog's life and the quality certainly isn't there. He was out of town today
but will be in tomorrow and I'll probably take her tomorrow or Thursday. She's
on pain meds right now to keep her comfortable. I am OK. Just feel like I have
a knot in my belly stressing over it. My oral defense in Texas is in 3
weeks-on the 14th of March. I am so stressed about school I could scream and
just want it to be over. I think this is adding to my stress level of course.
Then I've had someone quit at work and she's hemming and hawing about the date
she's leaving and I'm about ready to tell her to just freaking go. She's
holding up the rest of us. I was supposed to have a test in calibrations last
week. I had questions for my professor which I emailed several times. Never
heard from him and still haven't gotten a copy of the test, so that puts me
behind in my pesticides class. I've moved on the next chapters that we are
supposed to start studying this week. I need a vacation. Thanks for listening

Andrea Hodges
Beaufort, SC

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.