Re: Fruit Flies!!

I add a drop of dish soap to decrease surface tension in the vinegar/water 1/1 solution. Use a small glass you can set behind or on your terrarium. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Betsy Kelson" <bkelson@ix.netcom.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:26 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fruit Flies!!

I think Kitty is right. Fungus gnats love our houses in the winter. I
suggest to customers that they out out traps to monitor the infestation and
to see if popualtions are going down.
   Sticky traps work well, but so does something sweet like Coke, Apple
Vinegar, Red wine in saucers for drowning.
Let the plants dry out a little longer so that you do not give the gnats
what they need to breed

betsy