Re: OT-Hard Decisions

We just wanted you to have support during a hard time. I think no matter how prepared you are, the death of a loved one just smacks you up side the head emotionally. No way to brace for that. Hug your boys and have a good cry whenever you need to.
Judy B
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Hodges" <andreah@hargray.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 3:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT-Hard Decisions

Well OK, y'all were right. I lost it. I was fine til I got to the vet's office and then the tears started and I just couldn't stop them. However, I am convinced it was the right thing. Mark, my vet, said when he gave her the shot to sedate her, which was a normal sedative for a 60 lb dog, it almost stopped her heart. He said that indicated to him there was probably something else wrong that we didn't know about and of course wouldn't go to the lengths to diagnose at that point. So, she really was very weak already, just trying not to show it. It was short drive after that to meet my friends and then we took her to their pet cemetery which is on a small marsh island overlooking a nice sandy beach. We buried Gracie and then I went and had a margarita, came home and curled up with my boy Boxers. I think they're already starting to wonder where she is. So, it's done. I did the right thing, and now I just have to get used to that empty space in my house. It will take a while. I kept expecting her to show up this morning. Thanks again for all of your support guys. It means more than you know.