Re: More sheep

How old is your ewe that it had quads? I remember reading that quads are more likely when a ewe is aging, but less able to care for them. Bottle feeding is fun, but as you said, a lot of work, especially when you have a day job. Still, losing one is never easy.

Our hugely pregnant ewe finally gave birth yesterday while we were at
work. Four lambs! But sadly one died. If we'd been at home and watching
we probably could have saved it, the birth sac did not break so I'm
afraid it suffocated. We'll never know for sure, but we do have three
healthy little ones. They were happily following momma ewe and nursing
when we got home.  I'm trying to look on the positive side, if there had
been four there is no question that we would have had to supplement them
with milk and that would have been a lot of work. The ewe has the
biggest udder I've ever seen on a sheep but I'm pretty sure 3 would be
the limit. Still, I'd rather have had the live lamb...quads are not
unheard of but not terribly common in Suffolks.
Anyway the three are very cute. Suffolks are born black but one of these
little ones is sort of splotchy grey and white. They always even out as
they get older but now it makes a handy ID method. Hopefully this
weekend I can take some pics of all the lambs.
So two down, one to go, hoping for another set of triplets and an easy
delivery without our intervention. I'll take the easy delivery over
extra lambs any day.

Cyndi