RE: was Dogs now peeping tom scum

  • Subject: RE: was Dogs now peeping tom scum
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:57:39 -0800

Well...kids are still kids...I have a friend, just as responsible as you
describe with teaching his kids about guns. But he bought a new fancy
pistol and while the parents were out one day the 12 yr old kid got into
the lockbox, took the keys, opened the locked cabinet and the thingy
that locks the trigger. Loaded the gun, played with it, and ended up
accidently shooting himself in the leg. Just missed his femoral artery.
He knew better. He had been taught better. He knew better while he was
doing it but he was 12 years old. His dad should have had those keys on
his person, but he didn't because his son was well-taught in gun safety,
honor student, honest brave clean reverent, you get the idea.
I own a gun myself but IMO they are not safe. No matter how well you
taught your kids or how well you behaved when you were young.

Cyndi