Was H.B. Jesse - Now Goose

  • Subject: Was H.B. Jesse - Now Goose
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:10:49 -0600

HEY KATHY!!!  Good to hear from you.  And I will tell my husband that.  He
still craves a cig every now and then.  I busted him the other day.  He had
gone hunting with some buddies and a few days later I was looking in the
console of the truck for a pen...and I saw a pack of cigs in there.  He got
"the finger of shame" from the wife.  He doesn't do it much anymore...but
every now and then he'll still sneak one.

Lady Chatsworth is doing just fine.  She has a man in her life now and he is
VERY possessive of her. They've been together for almost two years now.  We
could not find a male Emden anywhere, so we found her a white Chinese male -
he looks like her but has the yellow waxy thing on his head that looks kind
of funny.  He will not let anybody near his woman.  I can call her, and she
answers me and comes running, then he runs or flies up ahead of her and puts
himself between us and starts fussing at me to go away.  But with her...he
is such a gentleman.  He lets her eat first, always, and he keeps all the
other animals away from her while she eats...standing guard off to the
side.  He is by her side at all times.  I figure this spring we'll have some
babies.  She is NOT a good nester.  She lays the eggs then goes off to play
- or forgets about them and the raccoons find them and eat them.  SO - this
year when I find her nest, I'm going to lay the eggs under one of my brooder
chickens and have some cute little mutant babies.  Half Chinese and half
South African.  Interesting mix.