Re: Happy Birthday Jesse

  • Subject: Re: Happy Birthday Jesse
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:29:01 -0500

Jesse and Kathy,

For the first dozen years, I often would hop into the car, put it in gear, and reach for the (nonexistent) cigarette pack. I still sometimes dream about smoking a cigarette, then wake up berating myself for smoking, until I realize that it was only a dream.

I used to have a smoke every now and then after I quit. I found that it always made it harder to resist the next time. So much so that one lousy cigarette triggered another 3 years of addiction. In addition, because of the way nicotine paralyzes the cilia in the lung (the cells that remove the crud) , it makes it harder to clean up the gunk if you have a cold. You probably remember cilia from your high school biology.

I just googled cilia and lungs and found this. http://www.ffn.yuku.com/topic/9972

----- Original Message ----- From: <Cornergar@aol.com>