Re: Happy Birthday Jesse

  • Subject: Re: Happy Birthday Jesse
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:43:37 -0600

OH...I can believe that.  I have seen several of my friends fight with that
demon.  Once it gets a grip on you, it does not want to let go.  I have a
sister that is dealing with dependency right now...and it is frightening to
watch what it has done to her.  We are only 3 years apart in age and she
looks about 15 years older than me.  She is 50, can't hold down a job,
living off of my mother and father, all KINDS of health problems from years
of recreational stuff and drinking.  I have not been able to break through
to her yet.  I am willing to go to every AA meeting with her.  I am willing
to be there for her.  But I can't make her get help.  She has to want to do
that.  If she thought she could never have another drink in her life, I
think she would just freak out.  That drink is her "binky" and she just
can't let go of it.  Very sad to watch.  My ex was an alcoholic.
Amazing how something can have such a grip on a person's life.