Re: February happenings

  • Subject: Re: February happenings
  • From: "Patricia" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 21:20:39 -0600

Thank you. That sounds wonderful. I need to get my snow peas planted. Tricia ----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <inlandjim1@q.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] February happenings

Sure. It's pretty easy. I use crepe papier streamers--it comes in a 2- inch wide roll; I get it at a "party" store. It comes in all colors, but I buy white. I cut off a piece however long I want the tape to be, then use a non-toxic felt tip marker to dot the tape at whatever distance apart I want the plants to be. Then I put a drop of Elmer's glue on each dot and a seed on each drop of glue.

University of Minnesota has directions on the web [sorry, I don't have a link], which say you can use strips of newspaper and flour-and-water paste.

When I made the "nurse" tapes today, I alternated the seeds on 1-inch centers, guessing that the bok choi will be harvested by the time the beets need the extra room.