Noisy seeds

  • Subject: Noisy seeds
  • From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 09:02:40 -0500

I keep meaning to tell you all a funny story. A couple of weeks ago I guess
for 2 or 3 evenings I would be sitting on the couch watching TV and would
hear this rustling noise. I was convinced I had a rodent but couldn't find
any evidence. Finally one night as I was patrolling after hearing it I
discovered a Wisteria seed pod on the floor. Lo and Behold, the seed pods
were exploding. LOL! I had collected them from a white Wisteria at a
friend's house. Apparently it was time for them to open. The funny thing is,
all the ones in my yard I noticed had opened at about the same time. Must be
a "time" thing rather than indoors and drying out. It was kind of neat.
And-I was happy I didn't have a rat.