Re: Noisy seeds

  • Subject: Re: Noisy seeds
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:27:52 -0600

I've had the same thing happen to me Andrea.  I had some pods in a paper
envelope on the desk in my bedroom...and one evening I kept hearing this
popping/rustling sound.  When I found the source of the noise and opened up
the envelope...one popped open right then and seeds jump out.  It was so
cool to watch!

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 8:02 AM, andreah <andreah@hargray.com> wrote:

> I keep meaning to tell you all a funny story. A couple of weeks ago I guess
> for 2 or 3 evenings I would be sitting on the couch watching TV and would
> hear this rustling noise. I was convinced I had a rodent but couldn't find
> any evidence. Finally one night as I was patrolling after hearing it I
> discovered a Wisteria seed pod on the floor. Lo and Behold, the seed pods
> were exploding. LOL! I had collected them from a white Wisteria at a
> friend's house. Apparently it was time for them to open. The funny thing
> is,
> all the ones in my yard I noticed had opened at about the same time. Must
> be
> a "time" thing rather than indoors and drying out. It was kind of neat.
> And-I was happy I didn't have a rat.

Jesse R. Bell