Still having weather!

  • Subject: Still having weather!
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:50:23 -0800

It's been cold, dry since Monday but grey and cloudy outside at the
moment and supposed to start raining again today. Maybe snow. Every day
they change their minds about what the next day's weather is going to
do. It's changing so fast that our local paper gave up trying, their
article says "Be prepared for anything".   Which would be a lot funnier
if we weren't trying to get out of town over the weekend. And even that
wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't have newborn lambs outside.
I waited anxiously for our remaining ewe to lamb so we can leave on our
planned trip.  She went off her feed two days ago - okay if she's going
into labor shortly, otherwise a bad sign - and I was out there biting my
nails. I finally convinced myself last night we needed to treat her for
ketosis, which is something they can get when the growing fetal lambs
take up too much of their body resources, but when we went out with all
our meds she was in labor. Twins. WHEW.  It's very cold out but all
seems well, although of course now I'm going to worry about rain getting
everything all mucky again with us not home to check on them. I probably
worry too much. We have a competent neighbor who is happy to help out,
no doubt it will be fine.
Hopefully the weather will not follow us since the trip is to go
horseback riding...the forecast looks acceptable though. I should have
four days at home afterwards and if the weather cooperates I'm going to
attack the gardens.  Just getting all those leaves up makes a huge
difference; a couple weeks ago I spent only an hour digging up seedling
weed trees, I felt so much better looking at the area after that I can't
believe I didn't do it sooner.
That's the thing about gardening vs. what I do for a paycheck...you can
actually see what you've done at the end of the day!
Hope everyone is staying warm and dry.

Cyndi