Re: Harbinger

Enjoy your good fortune.  A few days of slightly above freezing,
like upper 30s in the afternoon, have reduced our ice layers, but
it's been very windy and really not at all nice.  The only harbingers
I can see are that the days are noticeably longer.  It's getting light
when I get up at 6:00 AM, and doesn't get dark until after 5:00 PM.
That's a big boost to my spirits.  The other thing I have noticed is
that the male goldfinches are beginning to have little patches of
yellow plumage in their dull olive winter coats.  That's always a
first sign here.
Auralie

In a message dated 2/21/2009 9:15:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,