Re: OT: cell phones

  • Subject: Re: OT: cell phones
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:46:14 -0600

I really WANT a Kindel...just have to put it on my list of "wants" cause I
have so MANY.  It does save you a LOT of money, and you don't have shelves
and shelves of books to collect dust (I have allergies to dust mites and
paper mites), you can take it anywhere and read.  I think it's AWESOME.
And Tricia...with six kids...I learned to text because that is all they DO.
Texting is a way of life with them.  My husband refuses to do that.  But if
it helps me keep in touch with my son who is a Marine, or the kids while
they are in college, then I'll do it. And my oldest grandchild will pick up
her mother's cell phone and call Nana and Pops - just to chat.  She knows
how to work a cell phone better than I do (she is five years old).
And we live out in the country and can't get high speed internet - dial up
is the pits.  It was connected to our land-line.  When storms hit out here,
our land line phone goes out half the time.  But my cell phone still works.
It just made more sense for us to cancel it and use our cell.  We have a
family plan on the cell, and two "air cards" so we can connect with high
speed internet on our laptops.  Going back to college and taking on-line
classes has been a major plus for me.  I don't have to go to the college 2-3
nights a week, I can work at home or on my lunch hour at work.
New technology has all kinds of bonuses.  I just don't want to forget about
the "finer" things in life, like an actual hand-written note, or slowing
down and enjoying life a bit.

--
Jesse R. Bell