Re: OT: cell phones

  • Subject: Re: OT: cell phones
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:14:14 EST

And what will we use to wrap fish and start fires?

In a message dated 2/24/2009 5:12:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
inlandjim1@q.com writes:

It is a whole other thing, isn't it? The change that's surely on its
way--the end of paper. I worry about it, of course. Most of my most
used and most useful books are not likely candidates for e-book status
any time soon. And I think we will all miss newspapers in ways that
are not obviously apparent; television, radio, and internet news would
not be possible without newspapers because it is the Associated Press,
which is jointly owned and fed by, as well as fed to, newspapers that
is the real backbone of the news business--radio, television, print...
and internet. It relies on both the input and output of news to
survive, with newspapers providing most of the input and the parasite
media--radio, tv, internet--paying for much of the output. It's an
enormously complicated web that is driven, mostly, by reporters, as
they say, "on the ground." Radio, tv, internet--they don't have
reporters, they have news readers, news packagers, news sellers,
booster, PR flacks. And most of them, because they are accountable
only, at best, to their advertisers and, at worst, to themselves,
they... but I'm ranting. Sorry. At ease; carry on.

steps!
(

    http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID

%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)