Re: Frost

Mild here yesterday, up around 50 degrees, but  very gloomy.  Snow
showers were predicted over night, but this morning it's bright and
sunny - 40 degrees.  It's predicted to rain and turn very cold over
night.  I do hope it doesn't freeze before the rain stops.  We still
have two-foot piles of ice beside the drive and in the front beds.
It snowed before Christmas, then rain fell on the snow and froze.
We have had two more cycles of light snow followed by freezing
rain.  The whole thing turned into solid blocks of ice.  Even after
two thaw days, the ice piles are still there.  At the back edge of
one of the piles I can see a Hellebore trying to peep through.  The
other Hellebores, to say nothing of the rest of the garden, are still
under the thick pile of ice.  It's really hard ice - can't even chip it
with a shovel.  I don't know what, if anything will survive.  Never
had such before.
Auralie
steps!
(