Re: Ruta graveolens

  • Subject: Re: Ruta graveolens
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:42:19 -0800

Johnny's and JL Hudson both have rue seeds, Auralie

On Feb 28, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

I have finally begun to think about spring plantings - it's been such a
depressing winter I haven't been able to make myself do it before now.
So when I began to look for two staples of my deer-resistant beds -
until last year, that is - I can't find what I'm looking for. I remember
that I couldn't find any Rue (Ruta graveolens) last spring, but I had
a couple that had lived over the preceding winter.  It is not reliably
winter hardy here - so much depends on the weather - and this has
been an especially nasty season that I don't really expect they will
have survived.  I can't find Rue in any of my stack of catalogs, so I
went on line to look for it. There is lots of the extract available from
herbal places (I never knew it was medicinal before - thought it was
poisonous) but I couldn't find any place that offered plants. The other thing I want but haven't been able to locate is Artemisia 'Powis Castle.'
Do any of you have a good source for these plants?
Auralie
steps!
(

   http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID