Re: Ruta graveolens

  • Subject: Re: Ruta graveolens
  • From: Cornergar@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:27:04 EST

Try sandymushherbs.com for the rue and all sorts of other great herbs.  Kathy
In a message dated 2/28/2009 4:53:31 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Aplfgcnys@aol.com writes:

I know,  Jim, but at my age, I'm into instant gratification.  I want  plants.

In a message dated 2/28/2009 5:43:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
inlandjim1@q.com writes:

Johnny's and JL Hudson both have rue  seeds, Auralie

On Feb 28, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com  wrote:

> I have finally begun to think about spring plantings - it's  been
> such a
> depressing winter I haven't been able to  make myself do it before now.
> So when I began to look for two staples  of my deer-resistant beds -
> until last year, that is - I can't find  what I'm looking for.  I
> remember
> that I couldn't  find any Rue (Ruta graveolens) last spring, but I had
> a couple that  had lived over the preceding winter.  It is not reliably
> winter  hardy here - so much depends on the weather - and this has
> been an  especially nasty season that I don't really expect they will
> have  survived.  I can't find Rue in any of my stack of catalogs, so I
>  went on line to look for it.  There is lots of the extract  available
> from
> herbal places (I never knew it was  medicinal before - thought it was
> poisonous) but I couldn't find any  place that offered plants.  The
> other
> thing I want  but haven't been able to locate is Artemisia 'Powis
>  Castle.'
> Do any of you have a good source for these plants?
>  Auralie

**************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See  yours in just 2 easy

**************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get Oscars
updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.