Re: Way OT /Cancer
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Way OT /Cancer
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:41:08 -0800

Good to hear from you Barbara... it's been too long.

On Feb 1, 2010, at 12:08 PM, <sundrops@earthlink.net> <sundrops@earthlink.net > wrote:

Hi folks -- just had to jump in at this time. I have never been very active on this list but withdrew myself in spirit summer 2008 when I was being treated for breast cancer. Actually I enjoyed reading the emails each day and hearing about your daily ups and downs, but just didn't have the energy to contribute. Bonnie -- my thoughts are with you! This is Not Fun, but better than the alternative! Be sure to ask about anti-nausea drugs; they got me thru in great shape with my own regimen of chemo and radiation. Do whatever you have to to keep your spirits up -- I believe it makes an enormous difference during and after. I am feeling great now, have hair back etc etc, but the lingering fear I suppose will always be in the background. Garden-wise not a whole lot to report though enjoyed each small task I did this past summer. Here in Calif we are all focused on rain amounts, have had some big storms as you know, They are saying El Nino (= more rain) is in effect. Here at my place have had average so far after 3 low years; Sierra snow pack is above average for the first time in several years. Tho have had a little snow at my altitude, thank goodness we're not dealing with the ice and snow and very cold temps that some of you are.
--Barb Tandy, Grass Valley CA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@netsurfusa.net >