Re: Satisfaction
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Satisfaction
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:29:38 EST

I have English Ivy growing beside my foundation that came from the
house where I grew up in the Florida panhandle.  It grew under the
house there (houses in those days in that area were built up on
stilts for passive air-conditinoning).  That was more than half a century
ago.  I moved it from the other house where we lived befor we came
here.  It has never been a problem.  It fills in a couple of otherwise
bare spaces, but never gets out of hand.  When my boys were small
one of them gave me a small pot of a small-leaved ivy for Mother's
Day.  That grows over the large boulder beside my driveway and
looks quite nice except when the deer strip it off.  Neither has ever
been a problem.  A bit of it also grows under the trees on my back
slope where I don't even try to grow grass.  It and the violets make a
nice groundcover, but it has never tried to climb the trees.  Guess it
all depends on where you are growing it.
Auralie

In a message dated 2/13/2010 11:45:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,