Almost spring
  • Subject: Almost spring
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:22:32 -0500

Despite this morning's frost it is definitely getting to be spring. I
have quite a few daffodils blooming now, I wish I could remember to pick
some in the morning to take to work, it's so cheery to see them on my
desk. And the Earlicheer ones smell so good too.
It wasn't particularly good weather last weekend. My volunteer thing
cancelled on Saturday due to rain Friday night, and we decided we were
too wimpy to ride in the wind, but it was good enough to work outside
for a while. I spent time digging grass out of the front garden beds and
when I got bored with that I pruned back rabbitbrush and salvias.
Planted some more seeds in the greenhouse too, and I located an ocotillo
I could take some cuttings from. They aren't too common here but I
figured I would try starting them.
It rained again Sunday afternoon and the forecast says another front is
coming in Saturday. Figures it would be the weekend. But if I can't ride
and it isn't actually pouring I will be out in the front garden, I was
looking at some things I can do even if it's drizzling out. I think I
could plant some more of the veggie garden too, even though it's a month
till last frost I could take a chance with the chard, cilantro, and
maybe spinach.