From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Almost spring
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 12:10 PM

You're just rubbing salt into wounds, Cyndi.
After our extremely bitter cold a week ago we had three days
of unseasonably mild weather - low 30s at night and low 40s
in the daytime, but still gloomy. Then one day of sunshine, and
now we have a lovely mix of rain, sleet and snow with temperature
at 33 degrees. I find it hard to imagine more disagreeable weather.

My seed orders came this week, but some days I wonder if I'll
ever get to plant them. Saw the first chipmunk yesterday and
another this morning.  They usually stay dormant for a few more
weeks. They are such a plague, I'm almost tempted to resort to
the remedy an old lady used to tell me.  She used to say, "Just
get a package of Ex-lax and put it around your garden - you'll
have no more trouble with them."  I could never bring myself to
do that, but last year they were eating the seeds in the ground
as fast as I could plant them.
Auralie

In a message dated 2/23/2010 11:25:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,