Re: SUN - finally!
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: SUN - finally!
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:45:09 -0800

Looks like we're finally getting some decent weather. Lows in the
mid-30s, highs around 60. Plus sun. I'm charging the camera's battery
now with the notion that I'll take a few pictures tomorrow. We have
crocus, daffodils, muscari, clematis, cherries, and apricot blooming
that I can see from the windows; maybe other stuff once I get outside
and look around.

Question of the week: Has anyone ever seen a mattress store that was
not having a sale?

On Feb 27, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Pam Evans wrote:

> poor kitty!   hope you found him a nice buddy!   the ipheions, dwarf
> irises
> & muscari are starting to bloom now.  daffodils have been blooming
> for about
> two weeks.  good luck w/ the basement, that's not a fun job!
>
> On 2/27/10, Christopher P. Lindsey <lindsey@mallorn.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 27, Pam Evans wrote:
>>> Finally a nice sunny day.  I can hardly remember the last one.
>>> Even got
>>> some weeding & mulching done until my back said it was time to
>>> quit.  The
>>> birds & I are just loving this!
>>
>> It wasn't too sunny here, but the snow was melting (weeding &
>> mulching?!?
>> I'm jealous!)
>>
>> We went to the animal shelter to check out companions for our
>> youngest
>> kitty -- his brother died in December and he's been walking around
>> the
>> house howling at night ever since.  The two dogs have taken to
>> picking
>> on him now, too.
>>
>> Afterwards we stopped by the local Orchid Society's annual show and
>> learned what we're doing wrong:
>>

>> http://the217.com/articles/view/champaign_public_library_showcases_orchids
>>
>> Now I need to finish the basement (flooded yesterday) and work on
>> some
>> more hort.net upgrades.  :)
>>
>> Chris

"Horticulture is a pious occupation... the gods rejoice when they see
a good man struggling with adversity"--Sir Michael Foster