Re: A taste of spring
  • Subject: Re: A taste of spring
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:10:20 EST

Crazy!  After the snow build-up which has reached a layer of
about 16 inches on the roof, and several feet where it was
plowed up beside the drive, and after days of extremely low
temperatures, it is now 33.3 degrees and raining.  Of course
everything was so cold that ice is forming on all surfaces.
Add to that, the snow cover is becoming extremely heavy.
I think we are all right, but some of my friends are worried
that their roofs might collapse from the weight.  The local
online newspaper is warning people not to try to remove
the snow themselves - hire professionals -  but it does not
give any names to hire.
I really don't know what will happen next. If this turns back
into snow, or the temperature drops a degree, we could
have real problems.
I hope the rest of you are staying warm and dry.
In a message dated 2/2/2011 9:51:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,