Re: lost??
gardenchat@hort.net

Cyndi, the ones that have tiny buds should bloom.  As for
continuing bloom, it depends on the plant.  Real old-fashioned
ones, which mine is, will continue to put out buds for a long
time - some years I have had blooms from before Christmas
until nearly Easter. In recent years nurseries have developed
varieties that put out a very heavy bloom all at once and then
don't repeat.  They look spectacular when they are in bloom,
but when it's over, it's over.  Since yours has a few blooms now
and still some buds, it will likely have a longer bloom period.

I think one reason this plant has only just begun to bloom this
year is that I really neglected it last summer.  They like to be
given fresh soil and put outside in a shady place for the summer.
I didn't repot this one, and kept it in all summer, so it has been
reluctant to blossom.  This is an offspring of a plant I used to see
in an old-people's home where we went to give church services
at least 40 years ago.  That plant was massive - must have been
three feet across.  I have never let one get that big - just keep it
to a 10" pot size - but I have given away many of its offspring.
APL

In a message dated 2/14/2011 4:35:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,